Means Photography Blog
- North Thurston Boy's Basketball vs Foss The North Thurston Boy's Basketball team won an amazing victory over Foss High School on Wednesday night. The entire game was a close battle but Foss maintained a slight lead until the 4th quarter. Near the end of the game the Ram Boy's team finally took a small lead only to have the Foss boys tie the score with less than a minute to go.With the last few second ticking off the clock the Rams' Wes Reynolds was able to get a turn over, run the length of the court and throw up a last second shot to win the game!Click HERE to see the rest of the photos from this game.Contact Us for information about having us photography your game or event!
- North Thurston Boy's Swimming vs LincolnThe North Thurston Boy's Swim Team extended their winning streak on Thursday night with a win against the Lincoln High School Abes. This completes another perfect season for the Ram Boy's Swim team and now they are off to Divisionals and League Championships.Good Luck to all of those participating in the Divisional and Conference meets!Click HERE to see the rest of the images from this meet.Contact Us for information about having us photograph your sports or other events!
- North Thurston Girl's Basketball vs LincolnThe Lady Rams Basketball team of North Thurston High School fell to the Lady Abes of Lincoln High. The Lady Abes put up a stout defense that the Rams were just not able to get through until late in the second half. While the loss was disappointing, the North Thurston girls can hold their heads high for the way that they kept after it and battled on to the very end.Click HERE to see the rest of the photos from this game.Contact Us for information about having us photograph your game or event.
- North Thurston Girls Bowling vs Central KitsapThe North Thurston Girls Bowling team won a great match against the girls from Central Kitsap on Thursday. The final score ended up at NTHS 5 to CKHS 2 with strong performances by the senior leaders.Click HERE to see the rest of the images in the gallery.Contact Us for information about having your event photographed.
- Amy & David PhelpsWhat a wonderful couple and a wonderful day we had with Amy and David. These two were married on December 12th, 2013 (yes, that is 12/13/14, talk about easy to remember) at the Grand Holiday Ballroom in Olympia. These two were a ton of fun and their day perfectly matched their personality.Surrounded by family and friends they held a simple ceremony followed by a reception conveniently located in the lower level of the same building.This was an amazing day and we will be hard pressed to find a more enjoyable couple with which to share in the making of such important memories. Thank you, David and Amy, for having us and allowing us to be a part of your celebration.Click HERE to see the rest of the photos from David and Amy's wedding.To discuss how we can help you preserve the memories from your wedding or event Contact Us.
- Nick & Delaney EngagementWe had an absolute blast making some amazing images with Nick and Delaney. We started at Manito Park on the south side of Spokane and then visited both the Finch Arboretum and Palisades Park. These two were way too much fun and willing to try just about anything we wanted from just walking down the path to standing at the edge of a cliff to climbing a tree.Click HERE to see the rest of the gallery from this wonderful session!Contact Us if you for information about having us photograph your enegagment, wedding or anything else!
- Dear Wedding at Gas Works Park
On top of Kite Hill at Gas Works Park Bruce and Mehnaz were married with a small group of family and freinds looking on. It was a beautiful scene. The weather was overcast but wonderfully bright and the view of downtown Seattle over Lake Union was gorgeous.The ceremony was kept short and simple and was focused on the the love of these two amazing people.
After waiting through the noise of a few seaplanes so that she could be heard, Patricia from A Heavenly Ceremony pronounced the couple man and wife.It was a beautiful event and I was honored to be there! Thank you Bruce and Mehnaz for having me.To see the rest of the photos from the ceremony and the group photos from afterward go to:
- 2014 Jonathan Stewart #NeverSettle ProCampThe 2014 Jonathan Stewart #NeverSettle ProCamp was an awesome event and all who attended had great time! From skill building to character building, growth of the campers over the two days was evident. Jonathan's message to the campers was one of perseverance and persistence through whatever obstacles life puts in their way.
A big thank you to Jonathan Stewart and ProCamps for having me out and I hope to see everyone at next years camp.
To see the rest of the photos from the both days of the camp click the following link:
Jonathan Stewart #NeverSettle ProCamp
- What a great day for golf and fundraising!The 2014 Rick the Peanut Man Foundation Golf Classic was a great success!! The weather was amazing and fun was had by all who were there. From the four man scramble tournament to the peanut throwing contest there were constant smiles on every face. A big thanks to Redhook Ale Brewery for providing beverages and prizes for the participants. Also, a big thanks to Big Lo, Seattle's Biggest Sports Fan for hanging out and emceeing the event. The credit for this event goes to Scooter The Beerguy for organizing a amazing day that continued the work and legacy of our friend Rick the Peanut Man.
- Rick the Peanut Man Foundation Golf ClassicI am pleased to announce that I will be at the 2014 Rick The Peanut Man Foundation Golf Classic at the Nile Shrine Golf Club. This is a great event that benefits the Rick the Peanut Man Foundation and the Skagit Valley Boys and Girls Club. I will be there capturing images all day to memorialize this great day and those who come out to support a great cause and remember a great man.
- Official Photographer for the Jonathan Stewart ProCamp
- 2014 Olympus RallyI got the opportunity to spend the day out at the 2014 Olympus Rally and had a blast photographing the cars and hanging out with other race fans. It was a long day and while I avoided the mud, I am still removing dust from some of the nooks of my camera bag. This was my first rally in over 4 years and I had not realized how much I had missed it. I really hope that this becomes an annual event for me.
- Mrs. Koehler's PM Pre-K Class visits Tolmie State ParkI got to spend a wonderful afternoon with my Daughter, Emilia's Pre-K class from Faith Lutheran School at Tolmie State Park. We went down to the sand bar and hunted around for neat rock and any wild life that we could find. There was plenty of rock skipping, and/or throwing, as well as some sand castles that were attempted. The weather was great with just enough overcast to keep us cool but still be comfortable. All in all it was a fun day exploring and discovering at a great local spot.To see the rest of the images from the day click HERE.
- Vance Creek Viaduct BridgeI recently discovered an amazing spot not far from my home in Lacey, WA. The Vance Creek Viaduct Bridge is the second largest steel arch bridge ever built in the United States and the tallest in Washington state. At 347 ft above the creek below and lacking any side railings it is not for the faint of heart, but if you can get past the height the views are amazing. I would love to do an engagement or set of couple's photos here!A few from our group were more effected by the height than others.
- Goodbye Minnesota, Hello Washington!After 4 years of living in Mankato, we have decided to take an opportunity to move back home to Washington. We are sad to be saying goodbye to all of the friends that we have made, many of whom have become a second family to us, but when life hands you an chance like this you have to jump on it. We made the trip in 4 days and were so lucky to have my mom along with us to help entertain the children and take a shift or two behind the wheel. We stopped a few places along the way to document the journey and even kept track of our progress on a small map on the rear passenger window. It was a long, stressful, but fun trip and we could not be happier to be back home!